What is Lipoedema?
Our unique, comprehensive, and in-depth assessment of Lipoedema along with our Lipoedema Program will answer this question with the latest updated information from all the experts from all around the world.
NB: We have a NEW intake, assessment form for Lipoedema so we can determine the best treatment.
Designer Treatment Plan Available
The goal of the designer program is to reduce pain, have aesthetically pleasing limbs, decrease & pause the progression of Lipoedemic adipose tissue and address all underlying conditions of this disease, which can be many.
"We offer total treatment of Lipoedema from the outside to the inside"
Right: A new way of measuring weight for Lipoedema which overrides the BMI
What is lipoedema?
Lipoedema is a condition of the fat and connective tissue. It mainly affects women, but can effect men and often develops around times of hormonal change, puberty, pregnancy & menopause.
Some signs of lipoedema:
• Fat tissue changes affecting the legs, buttocks, hips, abdomen, arms, breasts & under the chin
• Fat ‘bulges’ or 'fat pads' develop around the knees or at the hips
• Body may look out of proportion; the upper body is smaller than the lower body
• Waistline may be narrow in comparison to hips
• Feet and hands are usually not affected
• The area may bruise easily, with broken blood vessels, and/or varicose veins.
What lipoedema may feel like:
• The skin and tissue can feel very soft and may be cold to touch.
• Some people feel small lumps (called lipomas) in the enlarged tissues.
• There may be pain in the affected areas, especially when pressure is applied.
• Legs may feel heavy, tired, and aching.
Stages of Lipoedema
Excess dieting does not change Lipoedema fat
Lipoedemic Fat is different from normal excess fat
Lipoedema connective tissue is different, it has gaps for fluid, gel & fibrosis to form.
Types of Lipoedema
Sometimes Lipoedema is mistaken for Lymphoedema
(Lipoedema on left, Lymphoedema on right)
Tessuto sano means Healthy Fat which can be lost by Diet
The bottom picture shows Lipoedemic Fat which is diseased
Lipoedema comes in different shapes and diagnostics and is progressive
Lipoedema is sometimes mistaken for Obesity
Ultrasound image of Lipoedemic Fat
Lipoedema diagnosis & treatment needs to start at an early age to slow the progression