What is it?
Is the size of a wrist watch, weighing just 10g, it is a battery powered, disposable, neuromuscular electro-stimulation device worn at the knee. It gently stimulates the common peroneal nerve once every second activating the calf muscle pump, resulting in increased blood flow and the reduction of oedema. The blood flow increase is equal to 60% of walking with a person having to move.
- Prevention of venous thrombosis - DVT's
- Increased blood circulation
- Prevention, reduction and treatment of oedema (swelling)
- Treatment of venous insufficiency and ischemia (heart)
- Immediate post-surgical stimulation of the calf muscles to prevent venous thrombosis after major trauma or spinal injury patients.
- Hip or knee replacement/hip fracture surgery
- Orthopaedic surgery, ankles, feet or broken legs
- Pregnancy following Caesarean section or pre-eclampsia
- Whilst travelling, (planes, buses, trains, cars), instead of heavy compression garments
- In-between receiving Reid Sleeve Garments
Used for Travel, Post Birth, Post Hip, Knee & Foot Surgeries & Long periods of sitting.
Fitting the device